Monday, December 12, 2011

Control Control Control

I recently started coding a generic UI library which could be easily added to Mpong or to any other Game that I decided to make in the future.
So far, I have added the following controls

  • A base control from which all the controls will inherit. This will obviously contain all the common code
  • Window Control : A basic container for all the other controls
  • Label Control - For all those static pieces of text that just need to be displayed
  • Button Control - Press Me, Press Me
  • TextBox Control - User can finally enter text. Yay
  • CheckBox Control - Am I true or not?
These seemed to be the basic controls that I needed.  Currently, they are working fine in my test project. Hopefully, they will continue to work as planned once I have integrated them into the main project

I am still deciding, whether I want to spend time adding more controls like ListBoxes etc or not at this time.
I will be detailing out the workings of the controls over the next few updates.

No comments :